Failure to Grant Right of Way When Emerging From an Alley, Driveway, or Building

The failure to yield the right of way when emerging from an alley, driveway, or building is a motor vehicle infraction in the state of Connecticut. If you have received a ticket for this infraction, you might be wondering what happens next. It is a good idea to educate yourself on the law surrounding this rule so that you understand what you are accused of. It is also a good idea to learn about the penalties that you could face for this violation. Finally, I will discuss what we can do about your ticket. Read on for more information.

What is Failure to Grant Right of Way When Emerging From Alley, Driveway, or Building?

Drivers must yield to any pedestrian that is walking across a driveway, sidewalk alleyway, when emerging from any alley, driveway, or building and give any pedestrian the right of way before entering the roadway. Drivers must yield to pedestrians before entering a roadway. Failing to grant the right of way may result in a violation of Connecticut driving laws.

The penalties that you face for this ticket include fines, three DMV points assessed against your driver’s license, and a violation on your driving history. Three DMV points may seem like a harsh penalty. This indicates that the state of Connecticut and the DMV view this violation as a serious one. Because pedestrians could get hurt, they enforce serious penalties for this issue. Any time a pedestrian is put in danger by a driver’s actions, the consequences will be severe. This attempts to protect pedestrians.

What to Do If You Get a Ticket

If you get a ticket for failure to grant right of way when emerging from an alley, driveway, or building, you have two main options. The first is the plead to the ticket and accept the penalties. In this option, you don’t really need a lawyer and you might not have to go to court. You just face the penalties associated with this violation. The second option is to fight the ticket in court and defend yourself against it. If you are considering fighting the ticket, it is a good idea to contact an attorney for assistance. An attorney can review your situation with you and help you weigh the pros and cons. Then, you can make an informed decision about how you want to proceed with your ticket.

If you or someone you know has receiving a violation for failing to grant the right of way when emerging from an alley, driveway, or building, in violation of Section 14-247a, call Mr. Speeding Ticket to speak with someone who can answer your questions and advise you on your best options. At Mr. Speeding Ticket, we can give you the pros and cons of fighting a speeding ticket in court and helping you decide what your best options are.

Submit your ticket & get it taken care of now!

You can take care of your ticket in minutes.

Quick Information Guide