Improper Operation on Divided Highway

Improper operation on a divided highway is considered a motor vehicle violation in the state of Connecticut. There are certain rules that you need to follow when driving on the highway in order to be in compliance with the law. You can learn more about the improper operation on divided highway law here. You can also learn about potential fines and other consequences if you plead to or are found guilty of this motor vehicle infraction.

What is Improper Operation on Divided Highway

When driving on divided highways, it is illegal to pass over the division to get to the other side of the highway, in which cars are driving the opposite way. This means that entering or intervening onto the physical barrier between the two sides of the highway is illegal. If you do this, you could get a ticket for improper operation on divided highway. However, passing over is not a violation in some situations. For example, if the barrier contains an opening at a crossover or intersection that has been put there by public authorities, you can cross.

Consequences of Improper Operation on Divided Highway

Violation of this section may result in fines, two DMV points assessed to the driver’s license, and a violation on one’s driving history. This moving violation carries more than one DMV points because crossing a barrier between highways is much more dangerous than crossing on regular roadways, in which cars are going slower and subject to more traffic safety controls. Therefore, it is important to wait for an established opening before attempting to cross a divided highway. Staying in compliance with this driving law will prevent the chance that you could be given a ticket for improper operation on a divided highway.

Getting Help

If you do get a ticket for improper operation on a divided highway, you have a few options. You can plead to the ticket, but this means that you will face the consequences mentioned in the section above. Alternatively, you can fight the ticket. Fighting the ticket may be appropriate for your situation. But, it is a good idea to talk to a lawyer before you decide to fight or plead to the ticket.

If you or someone you know has received a traffic violation for improper operation on a divided highway, in violation of section 14-237, give Mr. Speeding Ticket a call. You can speak with someone who can answer questions that you may have about fighting the ticket in court. We handle tickets in every courthouse in the state, so we can help you if you face this motor vehicle violation in Connecticut.

Submit your ticket & get it taken care of now!

You can take care of your ticket in minutes.

Quick Information Guide